New technologies and the great increase in smartphones have led to the proliferation of platforms whose main purpose is to promote relationships between people and even facilitate the meeting of our better half through the network. With the Internet, everything is possible, even social relationships. Among those applications is Tinder, which in a few years has managed to become one of the most used dating platforms. However, there may come a time when you want to leave this social network, so we dedicate this article to explain how to delete a Tinder account.
How to permanently delete my Tinder account?
If you have already made the decision to delete your account on Tinder, the truth is that there are different ways to do it, depending on the device you use for it. But before going into explaining each one of them, some preliminary considerations.
First, if you ask yourself “why to delete my Tinder account instead of just deactivating it?” The answer is for security. A deactivated account can be activated at any time and if someone manages to get hold of the data you use to log in (your phone number or your Facebook profile), they could spoof your identity or create fake profiles on Tinder your name.
Second, if you’re not entirely sure that you want to delete the Tinder account, but want to take a break, you can simply disable it temporarily. Deleting the account is a definitive step and once a profile is deleted, you will not be able to recover it, having to create a new one if you ever want to be part of the social network again.
And third, in case you want to delete a suspended Tinder account, there is currently no channel to request it from those responsible for the application, but you can try to contact them anyway and present your case.
Now let’s see how to delete a Tinder account in 2020 through different methods.
Delete the profile from the computer
“How do I delete my Tinder account on PC ?” It is a common question and the truth is that, like the rest of the methods, to delete the account from a PC or a Mac we just have to follow these simple steps:
- Enter the Tinder website by entering the url https://tinder.com in your browser.
- Once inside, press the Login button at the top.
- A window will appear with several options from which you can choose “Login with Facebook” or “Login with phone number.” You must enter the data they ask for (email and password in case of Facebook or code sent in case of the phone number).
- Then click on My profile, in the upper left.
- In the open drop-down, click the Delete account option.
- It will ask you if you are sure, you must click on Delete account again.
From my Smartphone (Android or iOS)
In case you prefer to delete the Tinder account on your mobile and wonder how to do it, the steps you have to follow are the following, they will serve you both to delete the Tinder account on Android and iOS:
- Download the Tinder app, if you don’t have it, from the App Store or Play Store.
- Open the application and enter the login through any of the two existing options.
- If you choose the option “Sign in with the phone number”, you must enter the phone number with which you created the account.
- They will send you a code to that phone that you must enter in the form that appears on the screen and click Continue.
- Click on your profile photo, which will appear in the upper left.
- Click on Settings on the screen that appears.
- Press the option Delete account.
- It will ask you if you are sure to continue, you have to press Delete account again. With this, you will have canceled your Tinder account.
It is important to mention that simply deleting the mobile app does not delete the Tinder account, you will have to delete it from your profile as we have described.
Don’t forget to cancel subscriptions
In case you have subscriptions contracted in Tinder, such as its premium service Tinder Plus, it is recommended that you cancel them before deleting the account, so you will be sure that those services will not be charged again, although theoretically if you subscribed via Android or via Tinder web using a credit card when removing the account, the associated subscriptions will be automatically canceled. But it doesn’t hurt to be cautious.
Delete the profile created by Facebook
This process is the same as the previous two with the difference that you must choose access through your Facebook profile. The steps are the following:
- Enter the web https://tinder.com.
- Among the different login options, choose “Sign in with Facebook”.
- Now you have to indicate the phone number or email of Facebook and the access password. Click Continue.
- Once inside, click on “My profile” to open the panel of your user account.
- Then you must click on the option «Delete account».
- Then click on the same option again and you will have already deleted your Tinder account.
How do I remove the link between Tinder and Facebook?
Something you should bear in mind is that sometimes, even if you delete your Tinder account if you registered for it using your Facebook profile, it is possible that the link between both platforms still exists. So you want to remove all traces of your use of Tinder on Facebook, you just have to follow these steps:
- In your Facebook account, access “Settings and privacy” (you will find it in the drop-down menu by clicking on the blue arrow in the upper right corner of the screen).
- Go to «Settings».
- In the menu on the left, select “Applications and Websites”. All the applications that you have linked to your Facebook profile will appear here.
- Locate the Tinder application (if it is not there, it is that it was automatically deleted), ticked the box on the right, and click on “Delete” and “Accept” and you will have eliminated the link between both platforms.
As you can see, deleting a Tinder account is quite simple, as is creating the account. But it is a process that we recommend carrying out if you are going to stop using the account for a long time or forever. This way you will make sure that nobody steals your profile or impersonates you.