I’m sure you’ve heard the concept of what is affiliate marketing and how does it work. It is right? The problem is that many people do not know the great benefits that affiliate marketing has when it comes to making money.
Thanks to this type of marketing, people like bloggers, YouTubers, influencers or anyone with a digital channel can generate interesting income. If you know how, I invite you throughout this juicy article, to discover everything you need to know about affiliate marketing.
What is affiliate marketing?
Let’s start from the basis that affiliate marketing, is nowadays, an excellent way to generate income online.
Basically, affiliate marketing consists of a type of results-oriented marketing where an entrepreneur or a company manages to generate sales.
The beauty of affiliate marketing is that being oriented to results, both parties win.
On the one hand, the affiliate earns a commission or percentage for each sale that it generates.
On the other hand, the entrepreneur or the company wins by the sales generated thanks to this strategy.
A clear example of this is PublBox (Digital marketing tool of which I spoke in this blog) offers through affiliate marketing for anyone with more than 1,000 followers in social networks benefits such as:
- 30% of the lifetime payments of affiliates generated
- The payment from having generated U $ D50
- Receive payments through PayPal on the tenth day of the next month of sales
What is an affiliate?
If you want to know what is affiliate marketing and how does it work, you must know the key element of affiliate marketing is the affiliate.
Basically is the person who is responsible for promoting the products or services of what is affiliated, in different digital channels (And in some cases not digital).
The affiliate is then the person in charge of the promotion and generation of sales, obtaining in return a commission or percentage thereof.
Is the same affiliate marketing?
That’s right, do not worry that both concepts mean the same thing.
Simply the difference lies in the country or language of the person who writes or pronounces it.
But for your peace of mind, affiliate marketing and affiliate marketing are the same.
How does affiliate marketing work?
The process is very simple although it has its tricks, especially when it comes to the issue of being an affiliate.
Later I will discuss know what is affiliate marketing and how does it work.
The types of affiliate programs that exist, but the following is the most common process:
- In the first place, a company or person generates a product or service and offers the possibility of becoming an affiliate of it.
- After this, people join to offer the product and service through different digital channels such as blogs, YouTube videos or even through email marketing in some cases.
- The most common way to offer affiliate products is through links that have tracking codes (Tracking).
- The third step is that a third person enters through that link and makes the purchase (or an action) of the product or service promoted through affiliate marketing.
- Once the person makes the purchase, the one who created the product or service receives his share of the purchase and the affiliate his sales commission.
As you can see, the process is simple and for many people today, affiliate marketing is a great source of income and in some cases, it’s the biggest source of income.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of affiliate marketing?
Obviously, like all types of marketing, affiliate marketing has some positive points and other negative points.
Let’s see each of them.
Advantages of affiliate marketing
On the one hand, the biggest advantage for which you create a product or service that you can generate many sales without having to do it on your own or hire staff.
On the other hand, for the affiliate, affiliate marketing is an excellent way to generate online income, without having to create a product or service.
Also, another advantage of affiliate marketing is that many affiliates actually have niches or reach the ideal audience, making a product or service really generates interesting sales volumes.
Disadvantages of affiliate marketing
The first big disadvantage is that it is not easy to be a great affiliate. Everything will depend on how you manage your digital channels, the techniques you use, and that you can really attract and convince people to buy something.
On the other hand, many believe that with affiliate marketing, simply by placing a link they will become millionaires. On the contrary, you have to work actively as an affiliate to earn good amounts (At least initially, until everything works on autopilot)
A third disadvantage is that many times affiliates really end up saturating their communities through excessive advertising, which ends up achieving the opposite. They scare people instead of attracting them.
What types of affiliate marketing are there?
The reality is there are not several types of affiliate marketing, there is only one.
As I mentioned before, this is a type of marketing that generates the affiliate an income based on a commission or percentage of sale.
However, with the passage of time and the number of products and services to offer, affiliate marketing was diversified into different affiliate programs that allow you to earn money in different ways, such as:
- Affiliate Programs CPC (Cost per Click): In this type of affiliate program, you earn money by referring people to a website through banners or links.
- CPM Affiliate Programs (Cost per Thousand): In this type of affiliate program, you earn money by displaying 1,000 impressions of a banner or ad.
- Affiliate Program CPA (Cost per Action): In this type of affiliate programs, you earn money by referring people to a website and end up doing an action (For example, download an application)
- Affiliate Programs CPL (Cost per Lead): in this type of affiliate program, money is earned by referring people to a website and leaving information or data.
- CPV Affiliate Programs (Cost per Sale): in this type of affiliate program, you earn money by referring people to a website and make a purchase.
Basically, these are the 5 great models that can be taken into account in affiliate marketing issues.
Now, within each model, that’s where the different products, services, tools, applications and others are located, which make the affiliate marketing varied.
How do you earn money with affiliate marketing?
As I mentioned earlier what is affiliate marketing and how does it work, you already know the procedure itself and it’s simple.
The first step is to look for an affiliate program that is of interest to you and that allows you to use the channels that you control to promote a product or service.
After this either by clicks, purchases, stocks, impressions or others, you earn a commission or percentage.
In many of the affiliate marketing programs, the money accumulates until reaching a certain amount and reached the same, you can request to withdraw the money.
The complicated thing is usually the form of payment. Something that you should analyze before entering any affiliate program, to ensure that you can withdraw the money in your country.
How to choose a good affiliate marketing platform?
Below I give you a series of tips that you should take into account to choose a good affiliate marketing program:
- The conditions: Analyze well the conditions of the affiliate marketing program, to see what really fits with your work methodology.
- The product or service: You have to analyze also if what you are going to offer, really fits with your style or adapts to the digital channels you manage.
- The form of payment: Pay attention to the withdrawal method. Many times when people want to do it, they discover that in their country they cannot withdraw that money or do not have the necessary tools.
- Security: Always check the security of the affiliate marketing program, the company behind it, the quality of what is offered and even comments from others. Do not be a thing that you fall into a scam.
- Choose wisely: It’s not about joining hundreds of affiliate marketing programs, the key is to choose those that you really know you can promote and help you earn money.
What products are usually promoted in affiliate marketing?
The reality is that thanks to affiliate marketing, there are thousands of products and services that can be promoted thanks to affiliates.
However, the most common are:
- Training (Courses, workshops and programs)
- Digital tools
- Travel and Accommodation
- Paid searches
- Mobile apps
- Generation of visits
- Filling information
As you know what is affiliate marketing and how does it work, you can make some good money. There are many items within affiliate marketing, and within each, an immensity of products and services to choose from.
So remember, choose wisely those affiliate marketing programs that really fit your style and can be promoted by your digital channels.