Thanks to streaming, it is very easy for people to stream videos shows or movies, etc. on a larger screen from their mobile phone. Casting to Vizio TV is even easier because the TV has built-in Chromecast technology. Streaming helps to use multiple video sources without even installing them on TV, apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime, HULU, Hotstar, etc. But sometimes the TV displays a warning that “Smartcast TV is not available”. So, to fix this problem, we are going to tell you some solutions that you can use.
Reasons for Smartcast TV not available issue
There are some reasons why you may not be able to properly connect your device to your TV, and that is why the Smart Casting feature may not work. Here are the most common reasons for this problem, you need to know the reasons first to find the right solution to fix it:
- Unstable internet connection – this could be one of the main reasons for the problem where you cannot use the Smartcast feature on your Vizio TV.
- The TV is connected to another network.
- The app you are using does not support streaming.
- Your router is not functioning properly and needs special attention.
Methods to fix Smartcast TV not available issue
In this article, we will provide you with ways to fix the smartcast issue on your Vizio TV, hope you can find the right fix for the problem. We recommend that you go through all the methods provided one by one until you find the right one.
1. Stable internet connection
First of all, you need to make sure that you have a stable internet connection. Because you are using your phone as the source to stream the videos or movies directly to your TV. And if the network connection on your smartphone is not stable, you might face this problem frequently.
We recommend that you avoid using your local mobile data and prefer WiFi. This will bring stability to your internet connection. You can also try to remove any apps that may be running in the background on your phone. This will prevent other applications from using your data. Most people ignore this reason, but often it is the only reason Smartcast TV does not work.
2. Switch devices on and off
I know how traditional this idea sounds, but people just can’t ignore the fact that turning a device on and off works for almost any problem. So you can try this with your TV, mobile/tablet from where you are streaming, and router. We suggest that you first restart your router i.e. your WiFi connection because most of the time the network connection is the main reason why the smartcast is not working properly. So, first of all, turn your router on and off, try the broadcast method again and see if it works.
Then restart your TV, just turn off your TV and unplug it from the outlet then plug it back in after a few seconds, then turn on the TV. And now try to stream from your device to your TV, chances are the problem is fixed. Finally, restart the device you are streaming from, such as a mobile phone or tablet. So restart your device and then try streaming to your TV again.
3. Try Soft Power Cycle
If the method mentioned above does not work, we recommend that you try this one. Chances are the issue is a cause of a software glitch, so power cycling will help you fix it. Basically, the power cycle will remove any temporary configurations from the TV and restart your TV with the reconfigurations. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press the ” Menu ” Available on your TV remote control, then choose the ” System ” Options button.
- Then you need to select the “ Reset and Administer ” from the menu.
- Now you need to click on the “ Gentle Power Cycle ” option.
- After choosing the option above, your TV will restart on its own. You can also turn off your router during this operation and then turn it on again.
4. Reset your TV to factory settings
You can also factory reset your Vizio TV or any other TV. This reset fixes almost any problem that your TV must be having. Here is how you can factory reset on Vizio TV, however, the steps may vary from model to model:
- Click on the ” Menu ” located on the remote control of the Vizio TV.
- Then choose the ” System ” option.
- Then go to Reset and Admin click on it. And then, choose the Reset TV to restore TV settings to the Factory settings option.
- Having said that, the process will complete on its own, the TV will restart automatically.
5. Connected to the same network
You need to make sure that the device you are streaming from i.e. your cell phone and the TV is both connected to the same network.
If you are using cellular data on your mobile for streaming, make sure your TV is also connected to the same cellular data through a mobile hotspot. This is a very important instruction, most people do not take care of this step.
And also, you can try to switch between different network connections. Chances are that the network connection you are using is not very stable, so we recommend that you change to another network connection and try the streaming process again.
We hope that we have provided you with complete information on how you can resolve the smartcast not available issue on your TV. All of the above methods are very effective and you can try them out. Hope you enjoyed reading the article and if you have any further questions let us know in the comments below.
The external iliac artery or the respiratory tract, 7. tadalafil With heart failure or rarely attacks, provoked by menstrual periods.